This is a great podcast. Cult of Pedagogy. 5 teaching practices I am kicking to the curb.
Popular posts from this blog
Math Small Groups, suggestions wanted
We had a great meeting on Thursday, October 17th. The hot seat question was about how to implement math small groups. While small groups are an expectation of our county, it is difficult to find time to do small groups everyday. The 90 minutes allotted for math flies by. With iReady time, ten minute math, whole group lesson, questions, examples and practice time 90 minutes doesn't seem to be enough. It seems the time just has to be chiseled out and a schedule stuck to, to make this happen. One of our group members shared a rotation done on her grade level to ensure math groups are done. Students rotate through different activities including math games, iready, zearn, and meet with the teacher. This is done for 30 minutes each morning. I am hoping to implement something similar if only for 1 or 2 days per week. I usually form my small groups while grading papers. I sort the papers into students who have it and those who need help. Then I sort those who nee...
First Meeting/Are Data Notebooks Outdated?
After trying out Google Hangouts a couple of times. Our first meeting was set for August 29. So far I've only convinced four other teachers to join. All of which I trust and know are good teachers with great ideas. Some have been teaching a long time like me and some just a few years. I think it is important to feel like the members of the group are on the same page. Only two of the four teachers were able to make our meeting. I was disappointed but understood. The first week of school is a hectic time to add one more thing to your list. We caught up for a few minutes and then I put myself in the "hot seat." I asked two questions. One was simply about their feeling on using our personal cell phones to communicate with parents, take pictures of the class etc.. Our principal had given us a warning of sorts at the staff meeting about it. I removed Remind from my phone and decided not to use my school email or to take photos of the stud...

Comments
Post a Comment